Welcome to The Painted Piano!

I check in here once in awhile, but most of the action happens over on Facebook.

Head on over and "like" The Painted Piano for updates and news!

October 10, 2012

Where There's a Will...

When I'm finished with a piece of furniture, I move it from my garage inside to my living room.  I dress it up a little bit, and take a few pictures where the light is pretty good.  The lighting in my house isn't super for taking pictures, so I know I have only an hour or two each day that are ideal for picture taking against my living room wall.

The drawback to this is that my hubby isn't always home to help haul the furniture inside.

But where there's a will, there's a way.  
And this girl
(who is clearly too wimpy to haul large pieces of furniture solo), 
has to get creative sometimes.

I couldn't just drag this buffet across my sidewalk up to my front door.  
I was afraid the legs would snap!  Can you imagine?  
I would've cried.

But then I spotted them. 
My daughter's roller skates were peeking at me from a dusty corner of the garage and I knew what I needed to do.


And so we inched our way down my little walkway.
Sometimes they'd turn just enough that I'd have to stop after an inch and straighten them out.  
But we were a good team, Emma's rollerskates and I.


Until I had to turn, and then that fun game was over.  
It was just too much work to turn and reposition and turn and reposition...
But hey!  I made it about 6 feet.  Yay for me!!
And then I called a neighbor and she helped me haul it in.




1 comment:

  1. This made me giggle! It reminds me of dragging my new, 120lb foam mattress in my new house. Up steep porch steps. While pregnant. With only my 11-year-old brother for help.

    Hurray for girl power!

    ReplyDelete