Welcome to The Painted Piano!

I check in here once in awhile, but most of the action happens over on Facebook.

Head on over and "like" The Painted Piano for updates and news!

February 22, 2013

Tall Blue Cabinet Makeover


As soon as I saw this cabinet, I knew I had to have it.  
Do you love the detail on it?


I was really excited when a client claimed it who is not afraid of color.  
The possibilities!


There was just one little problem with it...


The ball on the bottom of one of the carved wood legs was broken.  These old wooden feet were put together in three parts - the front, middle and back.  It was missing the front and back!  But my cute handy hubby put his creativity to work and took the back of the one foot and added it to the front of the other. Now it's almost like it was meant to be like that.  


I replaced the old, heavy hardware with some blingy glass knobs.  Gorgeous.


The outside is glazed with black, which settled beautifully in the crevices and details.



I LOVE the pop of color on the inside.  
It gives this beautiful vintage piece a classy, hip look.


For more, visit my Facebook page!
(updated MUCH more frequently than the blog!)

Thanks for visiting!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Linking up with:



15 comments:

  1. Wow! What a transformation! I take it that this piece belonged to a client who hired you to work your magic. But where do you usually find your pieces?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, this was a piece I found on Craigslist (Craigslist!!) and posted in my "Pick Your Paint" album where she saw it and claimed it. I find my pieces largely on CL, but also thrift stores. The hunt is half the fun! But most of my business now comes from people bringing me their own furniture for custom work.

      Delete
  2. I love it!!! Beautiful color choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your work! New follower :) It's fun finding people who do similar things as me

    http://theweathereddoor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    Great job! Love the colours!
    If it isn't a big, deep, dark secret would you share the name of the two paints (inside and outside) - company, colour name, finish? I have an old (circa 1920) china cabinet and was thinking to paint it navy. I've seen some in navy but I really like the colour you chose.
    Thanks for any information you can give me.
    All the best,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! It's no deep, dark secret at all! :) The two colors are by Behr at Home Depot: "Twilight Chimes" (the darker color) and "Ocean Kiss" (the aqua). And then the outside of the cabinet was finished off with a black glaze (Valspar's "Asphalt" - I think!)

      Delete
  5. LOVE YOUR CABINET MAKEOVER AND I WOULD LOVE TO FEATURE IT, IF THAT WOULD BE OK PLEASE LET ME KNOW,
    LAUREN

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great transformation and a big thanks to the tip about the legs. I have a table currently waiting to be painted that has the same problem. Beautiful color choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog today. That means a lot coming from someone who paints furniture as much as you do. I LOVE this particular furniture re-do. Look fantastic. So sleek and such a soothing color. Brava!

    Warmly,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the color makeover!! Thank you so much for sharing. Featuring today at my party. -K

    ReplyDelete